This world of foodies keeps craving for something new more than half of the population loves grilled meat and then there are specific pork lovers, pork tastes amazing and if you love spicy pork then you are one of the people I love in this world. Most of the people love grilling but see it as a hard job, don’t worry people I have an amazingly delicious recipe for all my beautiful pork lovers.
For smoked pork chops on a charcoal grill, you would need –
2. Charcoal / coal
3. Wood chips
4. Ingredients for pork chops
6. Buttermilk BBQ sauce
Ingredients needed –
1. Salt ( 4 tablespoons)
2. Black pepper (2 tablespoons )
3. Dark brown sugar ( 2 tablespoons )
4. Thyme ( 2 tablespoons)
5. Onion powder ( 2 tablespoons )
6. Cayenne pepper ( 1 tablespoon )
7. Bone-in, center cut pork chops ( 4 )
Ingredients for buttermilk BBQ sauce-
1. Apple cider ( 1 cup )
2. Brown sugar ( 1 tablespoon )
3. BBQ sauce
4. Buttermilk ( 1 tablespoon )
Directions for making smoked pork chops –
1. First of all you need to make a spice mixture and for that you would need a bowl ,salt, black pepper it would be better if you use freshly ground black pepper, thyme, onion powder, cayenne pepper and brown sugar once you get done with the mixing rub the mixture on pork chops and wrap them properly, place them in your refrigerator for about 1 to 2 hours .
2. It’s time that you set your charcoal grill for indirect heat for about 275 f with charcoals you may use wood chips and it would be great if you would have soaked the wood chips before.
3. Once you get done with the charcoal and wood chip’s procedure place your pork chops on your charcoal grill, don’t forget to maintain a temperature of about 275 F if necessary you can add more apple wood chips and charcoal.
4. Let the smoke producer go on for about 1 hour 10 minutes, do check that the chops are firm or not before turning your grill off.
5. That’s all with the pork chops you can serve them with BBQ sauce.
Directions for buttermilk BBQ sauce –
1. You need to take a medium size saucepan and then heat it over low-medium temperature.
2. Add apple brown sugar in the saucepan and stir, allow it to reduce for about 20 – 25 minutes
3. It’s time that you reduce the temperature and add BBQ sauce once you add BBQ sauce stir it well.
4. In the end, add buttermilk and again stir.
5. Last and the final step – serve buttermilk BBQ sauce over the chops.
Once you get done with smoking and garnishing serve your efforts with a smile and don’t forget some buttermilk BBQ sauce and I promise you, you won’t be able to stop yourself from licking your fingers this pork dish is more than delicious and it’s my promise to you, you won’t be disappointed with that you are going to eat if you follow each and every step of what I mentioned above. Enjoy your, self-made, finger licking smoked pork chops and do share your pork chops with your friends and family.